Monday, February 20, 2012

Project Proposal

The last post that I made with the handful of photos are for a photo project where I am focusing in on the ideas of construction and destruction. And so, here is what I mean...

Originally, my concept of these two ideas was based mostly on a cynical view of how much waste we make with space and material by feeling the need to constantly build and rebuild and perfect and comfortize, but now, I think I want to move away from that and have a slightly less opinionated perspective. Not everything that we create or destroy is for the bad, and not all is for the good. What does that leave us?

I am a big big fan of the Tao Te Ching, and there are a couple quotes which I would like to use as the basis of my study.

The first:
"We hammer wood for a house,
but it is the inner space
that makes it livable."

The second:
"The world is formed from the void,
like utensils from a block of wood.
The master knows the utensils,
yet keeps to the block."


No comments:

Post a Comment