Monday, March 26, 2012

WIP 3

This week I struggled a little bit with going out and getting the photos that I wanted, or didn't find, I'm not really sure what you would consider it, but anyhow I still I think I came through with a couple of strong shots that represent my statement. To restate it, I am basically looking at things that represent construction and destruction, and I really really want to try and make shots that contain a duality or dichotomy within so that the message isn't simple or straight-forward. On the Blackboard, the couple that I find to be the best at representing this idea are the diptych of the telephone wire sign and the tombstone, and then the for sale sign with the trees reflecting it the show window. I won't say what I think about them in order not to impose my perspective before the critique (like anyone will read this 3 hours before class but hey), but I hope to hear some good feedback because I certainly need all the help I can get. Thanks ya'll.

peace and love

1 comment:

  1. I appreciate the metaphoric approach you are taking. I think the sprinkler and out of focus head stone is intriguing both in terms of content and visually as well. The same is true for the tree trunk and shadow. It would be interesting to play around with those two images in a 3-dimensional and/or collage style manner that you've begun to experiment with already - but do think about pushing that a bit further as discussed in class.

    I'm confident that if you continue paying attention to your surroundings while keeping your content in mind, you'll find more images that will work for your series. At this point, I think its a matter of bringing cohesion to the work, and I think you can do this stylistically as long as you are sure to pay attention to how the viewer will read into the subject matter as well (for instance, the two different interpretations of the real estate sign with the tree reflection).

    Looking forward to seeing your next group of images!

    ReplyDelete